What was the secret? They wanted to know, in a thousand different ways they wanted to know THE SECRET. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottom of his running shoes. - John L. Parker

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cleveland Marathon Training Week 6: Rest Week


I've decided that this training cycle I'm going to take a rest week on the weeks that I race.  In the past I've had issues with overtraining and injury so this time my hope is that by having rests built into my schedule it will force me to not over do it.  Also, maybe it will make me fresher for races.  On these weeks I have no set mileages, and I don't care how many days I run.  This week I only ran 3 times.

This week's runs:

Monday: 4.8 miles (7:51 pace)

Tuesday: Rest Day

Wednesday: Rest Day

Thursday: Fartlek: 4x 1 min hard with 2-3 minutes rest in between.  Just wanted to get a little bit of fast running in to get my legs ready for the race. Total distance with warmup and cooldown was 4.25 miles.

Friday: Rest Day

Saturday: Chili Bowl Classic 5k my time was 16:45.  Total distance with warmup and cooldown was 6.1 miles

Sunday: Rest Day

Total mileage: 15.2 miles

The plan is to resume building mileage next week.  Hopefully, it will start warming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment