What was the secret? They wanted to know, in a thousand different ways they wanted to know THE SECRET. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottom of his running shoes. - John L. Parker

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rite Aid Cleveland 10k Training: Week 10

This week was another week of big mileage (by my standards anyway...) but also was the start of some more serious conditioning.  I started doing my Hogsback hill repeats again and was surprised to find that I was doing them as fast as ever!  The times I was hitting were pretty close to what I was doing right before running my 5k PR, and that was in much better weather.

As much as I'd like to think that spring is right round the corner, it looks like it's still going to be cold for another week at least.  More snow is on the ground and it probably won't melt off in time for this weeks workouts.  It's frustrating but I'm just taking things a week at a time right now.

My next race will be the St. Malachi 5 miler in 2 weeks.  I'm looking forward to this one as I think the longer distance will suit me since I've been concentrating so much on mileage and tempos up to this point.

This week Jess will be having a free race entry giveaway!  My own giveaway will be in two weeks!

This weeks runs:

Monday: AM - 5 mi easy
               PM - Hill workout - 4x 1 mile hill circuit, 7.5 mi total

Tuesday: 5 mi easy

Wednesday: 5 mi easy

Thursday: AM - 5 miles easy
                PM - 5.5 mile tempo, 7.5 mi total

Friday: AM - 5 mi easy
            PM - 7.8 mi easy

Saturday: AM - 14.1 mi long run
               PM - 4.8 mi easy

Sunday: rest day

Total: 66.8 miles

1 comment:

  1. great week... strong mileage! good to see you on Saturday although I didn't know it was you until after :)

    ReplyDelete