What was the secret? They wanted to know, in a thousand different ways they wanted to know THE SECRET. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottom of his running shoes. - John L. Parker

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rite Aid Cleveland 10k Training: Week 11

This week was almost identical to previous one.  I'm still hitting high mileage and working on my hills and tempos.  Monday's hill workout was really tough with the temperatures getting down to 4 degrees.  My balaclava literally froze to my face!  I had to wait for it to thaw out inside before I could pull it off.  At this week will be better.

And speaking of this week... it's the St. Malachi 5 miler!  I'm very excited for this race!  Last year I PR'ed there and I'm hoping for another PR this year.  I also want to redeem myself after a poor showing at the Kent State Tuneup.

This week's giveaway can be found at I'm the one they call Beal.  Next week I will be having my own giveaway so stay tuned for that.

This weeks runs:

Monday: AM - 5 mi easy
               PM - Hill workout - 4x 1 mile hill circuit, 7.5 mi total

Tuesday: 5 mi easy

Wednesday: 5 mi easy

Thursday: AM - 5 miles easy
                PM - 6.5 mile tempo, 8.6 mi total

Friday: AM - 5 mi easy
            PM - 7.8 mi easy

Saturday: AM - 14 mi long run
               PM - 4.8 mi easy

Sunday: rest day

Total: 67.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment